Finding Fearless Confidence


 






Finding Fearless Confidence


Hebrews 13:6 (NLT)

“So we can say with confidence, ‘The Lord is my helper, so I will have no fear. What can mere people do to me?’”

Psalm 118:6 (NLT)

“The Lord is for me, so I will not be afraid. I will look in triumph at my enemies.”

Psalm 46:1 (NLT)

“God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble.”

Proverbs 29:25 (NLT)

“Fearing people is a dangerous trap, but trusting the Lord means safety.”

Romans 8:31 (NLT)

“What shall we say about such wonderful things as these? If God is for us, who can ever be against us?”

Joshua 1:9 (NLT)

“This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”


Finding Fearless Confidence

Good morning, my friends!

Well, here I am this morning, sitting in the emergency room with my great-granddaughter and her mom because we think she may have broken her thumb.

And honestly, this isn't exactly where I planned to be this morning.

I should be home working on all the grant paperwork we are trying to get finished so we can get our electricity back on. There are things that need to be done, papers that need to be filled out, and a whole list of things waiting for me.

But you know what?

Family comes first.

The paperwork will still be there.

Right now, my place is here.

And as I sit here, I am reminded of something I have had to learn over and over again:

God is still God, even when our plans get interrupted.

Sometimes we think being confident in God means that we never get scared.

I don't think that's true.

I think being confident in God means that even when we are scared, we know where to take our fear.

Because let's be honest—we live in a world where there is plenty to worry about.

We worry about what people think of us.

We worry about rejection.

We worry about money.

We worry about our health.

We worry about our families.

We worry about what tomorrow is going to bring.

And sometimes we worry about things that haven't even happened yet!

I know I have done that more times than I care to admit. 😂

But Scripture keeps bringing me back to the same truth:

God is our helper.

Hebrews 13:6 says, “The Lord is my helper, so I will have no fear.”

I love that word helper.

In Psalm 46:1, the Hebrew word used for help is עֵזֶר — Ezer.

It isn't talking about some weak little helping hand.

Ezer carries the idea of strong, vital help—someone who comes alongside you when you really need help.

Think about that for a minute.

God isn't standing far away watching us struggle.

He is our refuge.

He is our strength.

He is our help.

He is with us in the middle of the trouble.

That doesn't mean the trouble disappears immediately.

It means we don't have to walk through it alone.

And that is something Ross and I have had to learn through some pretty difficult seasons.

We have had days when we didn't know how everything was going to work out. We've had health concerns, financial worries, and more than a few situations where we simply had to say, “Okay, God. This one is Yours because we don't know what else to do.”

And somehow, step by step, He has carried us.

Not always in the way we expected.

Not always as quickly as we wanted.

But He has been faithful.

Yesterday, for example, I made two gallons of soup for our Food Cupboard.

I thought, “Well, we'll offer some soup and see if anybody wants it.”

Friends, that soup was GONE in less than fifteen minutes! 😂

I was shocked!

But I also smiled because serving people is something I genuinely love to do.

God has given me a heart for helping others, and somehow even something as simple as a big pot of soup can become a way to love people.

And today, I'm sitting in an emergency room instead of doing the things I had planned.

That's life, isn't it?

We make our plans.

God sees the whole picture.

And sometimes our job is simply to trust Him with the interruptions.

Joshua 1:9 tells us to be strong and courageous.

The Hebrew word אָמֵץ — amets carries the idea of being strong, firm, established, and courageous.

In other words, God isn't telling us to pretend we're not afraid.

He's telling us to plant our feet firmly on Him.

That's different.

Fear may knock on the door.

We don't have to invite it in for coffee.

We can acknowledge that we're afraid and then remind ourselves:

God is here.

And Hebrews gives us another beautiful word—θαρρέω — tharrheō, meaning to have courage or confidence.

It's that deep-down confidence that says:

“I don't know what is going to happen, but I know Who is with me.”

That's the kind of confidence I want.

Not confidence in myself.

Not confidence that everything will always go my way.

Confidence in God.

And then we come to Romans 8:31:

“If God is for us, who can ever be against us?”

That doesn't mean nobody will ever oppose us or that difficult things won't happen.

It means that nothing and no one is greater than our God.

So this morning, while I sit here waiting and trusting, I am going to remind myself of that.

The grants will get worked on.

The electricity situation will get dealt with.

The soup pot will probably have to be filled again. 😂

And right now, my great-granddaughter needs her family.

So I'm going to sit right here.

I'm going to love on my family.

And I'm going to trust our Triune God to take care of the things I cannot take care of at this moment.

Because that's what fearless confidence really looks like.

It doesn't always look like standing tall and declaring that nothing scares us.

Sometimes it looks like sitting in an emergency room, holding someone's hand, taking a deep breath, and whispering:

“God, You have this.”

Maybe you're facing something like that today.

Maybe your plans have been interrupted.

Maybe you're worried about money.

Maybe you're worried about your family.

Maybe you're waiting for test results, an answer, a phone call, or a door to open.

Whatever it is, remember this:

You don't have to know what tomorrow holds to trust the One who holds tomorrow.

God is your Ezer.

He is your refuge.

He is your strength.

He is your helper.

And He is with you wherever you go.

So plant your feet on His promises.

Take the next step.

And leave the rest in His hands.

Because when God is for us, we don't have to live our lives trapped by fear.

We can live them anchored in Him.

Prayer

Heavenly Father,

Thank You for being our refuge, our strength, and our ever-present help in times of trouble.

Lord, You know the things that frighten us. You know the things we worry about, the things we cannot control, and the things that keep us awake at night.

Help us remember that we don't have to carry everything ourselves.

When our plans are interrupted, help us trust You.

When we are afraid, help us plant our feet firmly on Your promises.

When we don't know what tomorrow will bring, remind us that You are already there.

Lord, I especially ask You to watch over my great-granddaughter today. Be with her, her mom, and all of us who love her. Give the doctors wisdom, give her comfort, and bring healing to her little hand.

And Lord, You know our needs at home, too. You know about the grants, the electricity, and all the things we are trying to work through. Help us take each step we need to take, and provide what we cannot provide for ourselves.

Thank You for reminding us that family comes first and that trusting You doesn't mean we will never face trouble. It means we never face it alone.

Help us to live with courage—not because we know exactly how everything will work out, but because we know You are with us.

In the precious name of Jesus,

Amen.

The Lord's Prayer

Our Father, who art in heaven,

Hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come,

Thy will be done,

On earth as it is in heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread,

And forgive us our trespasses,

As we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation,

But deliver us from evil.

For thine is the kingdom,

And the power,

And the glory,

Forever and ever.

Amen.

BELIEVE, OBEY, BE BLESSED AMEN BOBBA ❤️

Love, Penny 💛 

##Godisgood #faith #devotional 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Built on Truth, Sustained by Grace

Dunamis

A Soft Heart Before God